Bypass Update for the week of August 24
The following work will be done on along the Bypass route this week, weather permitting.
Our Bypass team will be working adjacent to the road in the following locations this week:
- Near the Pilot Butte bridge
- Adjacent to the bridges at Highway 1 West North
As well, our Bypass team will be repairing pavement in the following locations this week:
- West of Wascana Creek – both directions
- North of Dewdney near CN Rail – northbound lanes
- Near Last Mountain Rail south of Highway 11 – southbound lanes
- Near the pre-screening station on Highway 1 West – eastbound lanes
NOTE: During pavement repair, traffic will be restricted to one lane with reduced speeds.
- Our weed control team will be working along the bridges at Highway 1 West before moving to the Balgonie roundaboutsb and between Balgonie and Highway 33.
- Our team is scheduled to seed around Hill Avenue Dewdney Avenue and Rotary Avenue.
- We will be replacing and upgrading some light pole components in various areas of the project.
- Crack sealing will begin on the North and South Service Roads.
- General maintenance throughout the Bypass. These tasks include street sweeping, repairing signs, pavement repair and litter control.
In some of the work areas, motorists may be subject to temporary lane closures and reduced speeds. To ensure the safety of our team members and the traveling public, please remember to slow down when traveling through our construction zones.
We also recommend that you visit the Highway Hotline at www.saskatchewan.ca/highwayhotline for the most current road condition information before heading out on the highway.
To report road conditions on the Regina Bypass please call our 24-hour contact centre at 1-844-257-7971.