Roadside Development Permits

When building a structure, planting trees, constructing approaches or excavating near a provincial highway, you may need a roadside development permit.

A permit is needed for any work within 90 metres (m) (approximately 295 feet) of the property line (or right-of-way edge) of a provincial highway. This is done to:

  • Keep sight lines clear and provide safe driving;
  • Leave space for future highway improvements;
  • Control snow drifting; and
  • Maintain the integrity of the highway

The Regina Bypass and its associated service roads are considered provincial highways. A permit is needed from the Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure to do any roadside works along the Regina Bypass. Please visit the following website for information on how to apply for a Roadside Development Permit:


Vehicle Related Permits from SGI

SGI issues permits for heavy trucks, including those that are overweight and over-dimensional. Please contact SGI’s permit office at the link below.