Regina Bypass Update
Operations and Maintenance
To ensure the safety of the travelling public, the Regina Bypass operations and maintenance team inspect the bypass roadways regularly. During these inspections, the team will determine if plowing, salt or sand is needed to improve the driving conditions.
About the Regina Bypass Operations and Maintenance team:
- Operate 365 days a year 24 hours a day
- We have 35 team members
- Nine (9) Plow trucks
- We look after approximately 450 lane kms including service roads
- Mainline Balgonie to Highway #11
- North Service Road to Highway #46 (Balgonie to Tower Road)
- South Service Road Emerald Park to Highway #33
This holiday season, please drive according to weather and road conditions and only pass when safe to do so. We also recommend that you visit the Highway Hotline at www.saskatchewan.ca/highwayhotline for the most current road condition information before heading out on the highway.
To report road conditions on the Regina Bypass please call our 24-hour contact centre at 1-844-257-7971
Snowplow Safety – Be Aware, Pass with Care
Safety is a priority for our Regina Bypass winter maintenance team. As travel increases during the holiday season, please watch for our snow plow drivers who are out working to make your journey safe.
When approaching our Bypass snow plow drivers remember:
- To slow to 60 km per hour when passing our plows or emergency vehicles when they have their warning lights on
- Our snow plows have flashing amber and blue lights
- To increase visibility, our snow plow drivers use their blue lights when plowing, salting or sanding
- Stay back when approaching a snowplow as they can create mini-blizzards, also known as a “Snow Zone”
- Our team members will pull over about every 10 km or when safe to do so.
Upcoming Road Works
Starting in early January, Regina Bypass team members will be working on a few clean up items and finishing touches to the Bypass. Some of the work areas may involve short lane closures and reduced speeds.
The scheduled work will include:
- Miscellaneous adjustments along the edge of the shoulders
- Minor road works including maintenance on the digital scales concrete slab
- Replacing and upgrading some light pole components
- Removing temporary access roads
- Landscaping, grass seeding and replacing top soil
This work is scheduled to be completed by the end of August, weather permitting.