The Balgonie Round Abouts
Here is the information you need to know about the Balgonie Round Abouts.
What is a Roundabout?
- A roundabout is a circular intersection in which traffic flows in one direction.
- Compared to stop signs and traffic signals, roundabouts are safer and reduce delays.
- Entering and exiting a roundabout is safe and easy.
Why a Roundabout?
- As the area around Balgonie grows, traffic will increase.
- The Balgonie roundabouts will accommodate the increased traffic volumes.
- Roundabouts allow for the movement of large vehicles, such as semi-trailers, b-trains and large farm equipment.
How does it work?
- Reduce speed to 30 km/h.
- Yield to traffic already in the circle.
- Follow traffic signs to your exit.
- Signal on exit.
- Large vehicles can drive on the inner shoulder, including semi-trailers, B-trains and large agricultural equipment.
Click here for a downloadable brochure